Author: Jakob Nielsen
Written by the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia, this book is an excellent guide to the methods of usability engineering. The book provides the tools needed to avoid usability surprises and improve product quality. Step-by-step information on which method to use at various stages during the development lifecycle are included, along with detailed information on how to run a usability test and the unique issues relating to international usability.
* Emphasizes cost-effective methods that developers can implement immediately
* Instructs readers about which methods to use when, throughout the development lifecycle, which ultimately helps in cost-benefit analysis.
* Shows readers how to avoid the four most frequently listed reasons for delay in software projects.
* Includes detailed information on how to run a usability test.
* Covers unique issues of international usability.
* Features an extensive bibliography allowing readers to find additional information.
* Written by an internationally renowned expert in the field and the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia.
Nielsen, author of the popular HyperText & HyperMedia, provides concrete advice and methods that can be systematically employed to ensure a high degree of usability in the final user interface. Appendix A lists several practical exercises touching upon important aspects of usability engineering. Appendix B is an extensive (53-page) bibliography. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents:
|Teaching Usability Engineering|
|Ch. 1||Executive Summary||1|
|Ch. 2||What Is Usability?||23|
|Ch. 3||Generations of User Interfaces||49|
|Ch. 4||The Usability Engineering Lifecycle||71|
|Ch. 5||Usability Heuristics||115|
|Ch. 6||Usability Testing||165|
|Ch. 7||Usability Assessment Methods beyond Testing||207|
|Ch. 8||Interface Standards||227|
|Ch. 9||International User Interfaces||237|
|Ch. 10||Future Developments||255|
|Appendix A: Exercises||269|
|Appendix B: Bibliography||283|
Books about: Cook Book or Foodservice Organizations
Numerical Methods Using MathCAD
Author: Laurene Fausett
This book presents the fundamental numerical techniques used in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, and the physical and life sciences in a way that is both interesting and understandable. Using a wide range of examples and problems, this book focuses on the use of MathCAD functions and worksheets to illustrate the methods used when discussing the following concepts: solving linear and nonlinear equations, numerical linear algebra, numerical methods for data interpolation and approximation, numerical differentiation and integration, and numerical techniques for solving differential equations. For professionals in the fields of engineering, mathematics, computer science, and physical or life sciences who want to learn MathCAD functions for all major numerical methods.